Lets Learn together... Happy Reading

" Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference "-Robert Frost

Image Zooming – Part 1


Let’s try to view an Image of size 1366 x 768.
To view the image:
I = imread('Vatican-City-Wallpaper_.jpg');
figure,imshow(I);
Reference:
The image is too big. I want to view the image part by part, so that I can view the details in the image more clearly.


Method one:
I use MATLAB function ‘imshow’ and the ‘figure’ command.
To view the image:
I = imread('Vatican-City-Wallpaper_jpg');
figure,imshow(I);

Now click the ‘zoom in’ option to enlarge the image.
ZOOM IN


Click the ‘pan’ option and drag the cursor to view the image part by part.
 
PAN OPTION

Method two:
We can do the image viewing using our own code instead of using ‘zoom in’ and ‘pan’ options.
We will define our own window and display the image alone.
%Read the Image
I=imread('Vatican-City-Wallpaper_.jpg');
Im=I;


%Get the Screen size and define the window
scrsz = get(0,'ScreenSize');
figure('Position',[300 50 scrsz(3)-600 scrsz(4)-200],'Menu','none','NumberTitle','off','Name','VIEW PHOTO','Resize','off');

%Size of the Image Portion
Len=round(size(I,1)/4);
Flag=1;
x=1;
wid=Len;
y=1;
ht=Len;

%Display the image
ax=axes('Position',[0 .1 1 .8],'xtick',[],'ytick',[]);
imshow(Im(x:wid,y:ht,:));

Num=50;
while(Flag==1)
try
    %User button click
    waitforbuttonpress;
    pt=get(ax,'CurrentPoint');
    y1=round(pt(1,1));
    x1=round(pt(1,2));
   
    %Calculate the Next part of the image based on the button press
    if( x1 < Len && x1 > 0 && y1 < Len && y1 > 0)
   
    x=x+x1;
    y=y+y1;
    if(x-Num>1)
      
        x=x-Num;
    end
   
    if(y-Num>1)
      
        y=y-Num;
    end
   
    if(x+wid>size(I,1))
      
        x=size(I,1)-wid;
    end
   
    if(y+ht>size(I,2))
      
        y=size(I,2)-ht;
    end
   %New Image Part
   imshow(Im(x:x+wid,y:y+ht,:));
  
   wid=Len;
   ht=Len;
  
    end
catch
    Flag=0;
end

end

 
Click on the bottom right part of the image to view the center part

Click to the right from the above mentioned part 
like button Like "IMAGE PROCESSING" page

2 comments:

Unknown said... Reply to comment

It's useful & impressive. Thanks for your thoughtful content

Berk Soysal said... Reply to comment

That's very informative, thanks. You can also have a look at my projects and download them for free:

http://berksoysal.blogspot.com/p/deneme2.html

http://berksoysal.blogspot.com/p/blog-page_20.html

Enjoyed Reading? Share Your Views

Previous Post Next Post Home
Google ping Hypersmash.com